Thursday, January 24, 2013

Green Soup

In the winter time, I just can't force myself to eat a cold salad.  Nor should I.  Ayurvedically, I'm a Vata.  Brrr...  So, warm food for me.  And now, I love GREEN SOUP.
I came across an article in Reader's Digest about green soup, and gave it a try.  It needed a little salt, but otherwise, delicious and very green and nutritious.  Here's what I did, but you can make your own:
4 cups spinach
2 cups kale
2 cups veggie broth
1 onion, chopped
a little olive oil
salt to taste
In one pot, cook down your kale, with a little oil.  In a saute pan, brown the onions with a drizzle of oil.  (This is a great place to add a little more flavor.  Next time I plan to add tumeric!)  Once the kale wilts, add your broth, spinach & onions.  Let this mixture cook down.  Use a hand blender on the whole pot & enjoy!
Nutrients and vitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment