Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back to Normal?

It’s been almost 3 weeks since I’ve written anything for the blog. The new studio space next door has been a huge challenge, but now it’s open and functioning! But I realized I have not had much of a brain for the last month. I’m amazed at how much work it takes to open a second studio space. It’s almost as much as starting a new business! There are lease negotiations, scheduling with the teachers, calling utilities, choosing & installing flooring, painting, decorating, buying everything from a new computer to toilet paper…and it all has to be done NOW! I’m not complaining. I think this is one of the coolest things I’ve ever gotten to do. And I think it will be amazing for the Johnson City Yoga community. But my brain is tired.


I must say that if it weren’t for my yoga, I don’t know how I would have gotten it all done. My greatest tool of the last few weeks has been the breath. When I feel overwhelmed, if I can just remember to breathe really deeply, I feel so much better.

The other survival tool has been my incredible family. My husband, my parents, and my in-laws have all worked on the space. Several of our students have commented that they can feel the love there. But it just reminds me: yoga is more than just asana. It’s love, and community, and breath and meditation, and so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment